Reginald James Truman
TRUMAN, Reginald James, dispenser Trumans' Veterinary Medicine Company, Bushnell, Ill., was born in March, Huntingdonshire, England, August 26, 1876, the youngest son of Jonathan Hall and Mary Elizabeth (Crane) Truman. (For details of family history see sketch of Jonathan Hall Truman in a preceding section of this volume.) Mr. Truman received his education chiefly in his native country, and by his association with other members of his family naturally imbibed a spirit which led him to become deeply interested in the importation and breeding of high-grade horses, in connection with which the firm of Truman & Sons, of Bushnell, Ill., have become such an important factor. For eleven years Mr. Truman had been dispenser for his brother, Herbert H. Truman, an connection with the Truman Veterinary Department at March, England, but in the fall of 1906 decided to join his brothers at Bushnell, Ill., where he has opened a veterinary dispensary under the style of Trumans' Veterinary Medicine Company, which is engaged in the manufacture and sale of a large variety of medicines that are finding an extensive sale among stock-growers of Illinois and other States. The wide reputation of the Truman Company throughout the United States and Canada is destined to secure for the remedies guaranteed by the company a constantly increasing trade.
In addition to his career as dispenser of veterinary remedies in his native country, Mr. Truman devoted much attention to the study of music under the tutorship of Professor Manders, the noted organist of Peterborough, England, under whose instruction he graduated and spent the last eight years of his life in his native place as organist and choir-master of St. John's Church, at March, England. His connection with the widely known Truman family insures for him an extended and favorable acquaintance throughout the country of his adoption.
Source: The Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois and History of McDonough County, compiled by Dr. Newton Bateman, and Paul Shelby, 1907, volume 2, page 1028, extracted 07 Aug 2020 by Norma Hass.
McDonough County ILGenWeb Copyright