Edgar L. Rexroat
REXROAT, Edgar L., the proprietor of a successful livery stable in Macomb, McDonough County, Ill., was born in McDonough County, May 8, 1872, a son of James M. and Jane (Moyers) Rexroat, whose biographical record appears elsewhere in this volume. In his boyhood Mr. Rexroat attended the public school, and at the age of twenty-one years started in the livery business in partnership with Oliver Thompson, at the stand where he is at present located. Two years later he sold out and was engaged in farming in Scotland Township for eight years. He then entered a second time into partnership with Mr. Thompson, and in April, 1904, purchased his partner's interest becoming sole proprietor. He keeps fourteen horses and in addition does a general livery and feed business, conducting his place in a careful and painstaking manner and enjoying a good patronage. He now has the best rigs in the county.
On May 17, 1895, the subject of this sketch was united in marriage with Ella Curnow, who was born and schooled in McDonough County. Two children, Delbert and Dale, have resulted from this union. Politically, Mr. Rexroat is a Republican, and fraternally, is a member of the M. W. A. Mrs. Rexroat is a daughter of Richard and Sarah (Haddock) Curnow, her parents being natives of England. They came to McDonough County in the '60s, where the father was engaged in mining until his death. The mother now resides with Mr. Rexroat.
Source: The Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois and History of McDonough County, compiled by Dr. Newton Bateman, and Paul Shelby, 1907, volume 2, page 987, extracted 29 May 2020 by Norma Hass.
McDonough County ILGenWeb Copyright