R. A. Pollock
POLLOCK, R. A., who is successfully engaged in farming on Section 13, in Walnut Grove Township, McDonough County, Ill., is a native of Schuyler County, Ill., where he was born August 10, 1860. His father and mother, who were natives, respectively, of Indiana and Pennsylvania, were William and Sarah M. (Walker) Pollock. The subject of this sketch is the sixth of a family of eleven children. He lived with his parents on the dividing line between Schuyler and McDonough Counties until he reached the age of twenty-six years, in the meantime attending the common schools, and the Northern Indiana Normal School. Then he bought a farm three miles south of the home place, where he lived four years. This he sold and bought a farm in Walnut Grove Township, where he remained twelve years. He disposed of this property also and in February, 1903, purchased the farm of William Barclay, consisting of 207 acres, situated in Section 13, Walnut Grove Township. Here he raises sheep, cattle, hogs and horses, and also grain for feed.
On January 3, 1886, Mr. Pollock was married to Clara B. Smiley, who was born and educated in McDonough County, and six children are the offspring of this union, namely: George W., Beulah, Sarah B., Ruth A., Charles W. and Ella M.
In politics, Mr. Pollock is identified with the Republican party. His fraternal connection is with the M. W. A.
Source: The Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois and History of McDonough County, compiled by Dr. Newton Bateman, and Paul Shelby, 1907, volume 2, page 981, extracted 17 Mar 2020 by Norma Hass.
McDonough County ILGenWeb Copyright