J. W. Heller
HELLER, J. W., who is prospering in the livery business in Bushnell, McDonough County, Ill., was born in Fulton County, Ill., in 1873, a son of John and Lydia (Zimmerman) Heller, natives of Illinois. The son was reared on his father's farm in Fulton County, and in boyhood attended public school in the vicinity of his home. In early manhood he moved to Iowa, and there followed farming for a period of nine years. He then returned to Fulton County, where he was engaged in general farming and stock-raising until January, 1903, when he bought out the livery stable of Albert Sperry, which he conducted for some time. Afterward he purchased Judd Wilson's livery, where he is now working nine head of horses, besides keeping a feed stable. He attends closely to his business, satisfies his customers, and has acquired a profitable patronage.
In 1895, Mr. Heller was united in marriage with Maggie Quick, who was born and schooled in Fulton County, Ill. The five children who have resulted from this union are named as follows: Bessie, Glenn, Claude, Charles and Theodore.
Source: The Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois and History of McDonough County, compiled by Dr. Newton Bateman, and Paul Shelby, 1907, volume 2, page 903, extracted 09 Mar 2019 by Norma Hass.
McDonough County ILGenWeb Copyright