St. Thomas Episcopal Church, Bushnell
This congregation was organized on the 27th of April, 1883, by Rev. John W. Elliott, with the following members: Charles A. Dickinson, Mrs. G. J. Spooks, and Mrs. W. Z. Boyington. After about three months' service, Rev. Elliott, the rector, left, and was succeeded by Rev. J. M. D. Davidson, the present incumbent. There are now some 40 communicants in the church, and it is a very popular one, and is growing rapidly as a healthy growth will permit. The officers of the society are the following mentioned gentlemen: Rector, J. M. D. Davidson; T. J. Sparks, senior warden; J. W. Z. Boyington, junior warden and secretary; C. A. Dickinson, treasurer; J. C. Young, J. C. McGowan, C. A. Dickinson, M. Cassidy, S. T. Henry, and C. T. Gram, vestrymen. They occupy, for a place of worship, what was formerly known as Union hall, which they have fitted up in an elegant manner.
Source: The History of McDonough County, together with sketches of the towns, villages and townships, educational, civil, military and political history; portraits of prominent individuals, and biographies of the representative citizens, 1885, page 490. Transcribed by Karl A. Petersen
McDonough County ILGenWeb Copyright