Baptist Church at Tennessee
The Baptist church at Tennessee was erected in the fall of 1865, and was organized by Rev. W. R. Welch, with a class of about 25. The edifice is a frame structure, 40x60 feet in dimensions. E. Corfield has held service in the church for the past two years and a half, every four weeks. The present deacons of the church are M. Stewart and A. T. Salisbury, having served in that capacity for about four years. M. Stewart, S. Moore, and A. T. Salisbury, act as trustees of the church at present, and have also retained that position for four years past. The present membership numbers about 20.
Source: The History of McDonough County, together with sketches of the towns, villages and townships, educational, civil, military and political history; portraits of prominent individuals, and biographies of the representative citizens, 1885, page 467. Transcribed by Karl A. Petersen
McDonough County ILGenWeb Copyright