Hillsborough Baptist Church, of Blandinsville Township
This congregation was organized in 1849, and in the year following a good frame house of worship was erected, at a cost of $2,000. It is located on the southeast quarter of section 18. The house at present is in good repair. The membership is about 100. The following persons have served as pastors: Elder J. G. Ward, William Forrest, John Ray, and Elder William Hobbs, who came among this people in 1868.
Source: The History of McDonough County, together with sketches of the towns, villages and townships, educational, civil, military and political history; portraits of prominent individuals, and biographies of the representative citizens, 1885, page 468. Transcribed by Karl A. Petersen