Second Baptist (Col.), Macomb
This congregation was organized by Elder Doling, of Quincy, J C. Graves, Galesburg, J. W. Harrington, Sciota, and A. Blackburn, Macomb, May 9, 1875. The following were the original members: Andrew Pleasant, Hattie Pleasant, David and Emma Hammond, Winnie Fields, Matilda Mayweather, Wisten Jackson and Maria Sanford. The church has had two revivals, at which 13 were added to the church, making a membership at present of 25. The church building is situated on North Lafayette street, and was formerly owned by the First Baptist church, but purchased from them in 1876, $400 being the consideration. The annual contribution is about $240. The pastor's salary for one-half his time is $120 per year.
Source: The History of McDonough County, together with sketches of the towns, villages and townships, educational, civil, military and political history; portraits of prominent individuals, and biographies of the representative citizens, 1885, page 462. Transcribed by Karl A. Petersen